The history of creative landscape design is very older where beautification of lands, territories engaged with different strategies of land design. In this article, I would like to introduce the pictorial view of historical landscape architects in the history of human beings as creative landscapes. The natural beauty of land design attracts always the person. It is a rough estimate by the people of gardening that greenery and showy nature keeps the mental health strong. There are the following outlines,
- Human discoveries of the landscape from older age to nowadays.
- Working pattern of a landscaper
The 6th century
In this era of mankind landscape design was used accordingly to their relative territory like Mesopotamian Hunting Parks, geometric space division in Persia, paved courtyard, peristyle gardens and The Spring of Khosrow Carpet were the beautiful ornamental ideas.
6th to 15th century (Middle Ages)
During the era of the Middle Ages, functional and aesthetic nature conservation was practiced. There are different examples like walled gardens in Europe, Islamic Garden styles in Moorish Spain, nature’s splendor in a garden in China, spirit of nature in Japanese gardens.
This era was a little more creative like Renaissance Gardens (France and England), Persian art moves into the east like Mughal Gardens, Tea Gardens of Momo Yama era.
In this era landscape design was managed with principles of geometries.
In this era, the English style was used influenced/inspired by the Chinese gardening style. There was mix-up usage of art and nature by building the curves, sweeping lawns, serpentine lakes, billowing trees.
This era was not interested much more but urban areas were built up with public parks as a showy place to eat and meet.
Landscape design was made up with the analysis factor like geographical conditions, site conditions, user needs.
Now, in this era where we are living in the age of technology, which can be helpful for maintaining the balance between nature and the art of ecological landscape design.
Do you know how a landscaper work to design the territory?
- First of all, the designer should have to understand the behavior of climate in that particular site.
- The designer has to be tasked to design according to the specific purpose of client nature for landscape architect design.
- The designer needs to understand the decoration of land according to the acreage area whether it is large or small.
- The designer has to work with flexible nature for sustainable issues.
- The designer is used to be advance by using space as permanent or temporary nature.
- The designer should make a proper situ plan which could be understood by the client easily.
I hope this article was helpful about landscape architect or land design within different eras.